Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
VJS
New Contributor

AnyDesk slow when connecting outside our LAN

Hi,

Since last week we started having issues with AnyDesk. We are having huge delays when connecting with AnyDesk to anyone outside our LAN. Is anyone experiencing the same problem?

To test, I did 3 URL filters which are "anydesk.com", "AnyNet Relay" and "AnyDesk Client". I also excluded AnyDesk from Application Control. All of these did not make any difference. The strange thing is that all was working fine until last week and we did not do any changes.

4 REPLIES 4
abarushka
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Time to time there are outages on anydesk side. Please find the link below:

https://status.anydesk.com/

FortiGate
VJS
New Contributor

Hi,

We are still experiencing these issues even tough there are no outages on anydesk side. 

abarushka
Staff
Staff

Hello,

I would recommend to create a firewall policy for testing PC without UTM for testing purposes and check whether the issue persists.

FortiGate
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

Can you create a specific fiirewall policy (may be for your PC IP) without any UTM features and check if the connection works fine? If it works fine, try enabling the UTM inspection one by one to confirm which feature is causing the issue.

If the issue still appears without any L7 inspection, this could be something else on the network.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors