Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
neonbit
Valued Contributor

Any details on the JSON API for FortiSandbox?

I can't seem to find any details on the JSON API for the Sandbox. The admin guide mentions the API can be used for on demand scanning but doesn't get into detail on how one would go about doing this.

Was wondering if anyone had some info on how to enable/configure this?

6 REPLIES 6
romanr
Valued Contributor

Hi,

as far as I know Fortinet holds a lot of its APIs under NDA and you have to take part in the "Fortinet Developer Network" the get access to the documentation... At least for all the Mgmt and Analysis Products it is like this...

Br,

Roman

neonbit
Valued Contributor

Thanks Roman, that's what I suspect too. I tried to find some info on the Developer Network but they've seemed to remove quite a-bit online. There used to be a demo but that's been removed too...

I wish they were more open and distributed the documentation more freely. The FortiAuthenticator has a great REST API document that has enough to get you started with the option of joining the DN if you need more assistance.

hklb
Contributor II

Hi,

Did you try to open a support case ? Maybe there is no documentation about that.. (I hope for the moment and it's coming soon.. Some documentation isn't up to date..). Fortisandbox is a "new" product, so maybe they don't take time to write a documentation..

If I remember correctly, the Fortinet deelopper tools is only for Fortmanager..

Lucas

alanparker

Hello everyone,

please THIS is last one version of Guide (FortiSandbox - REST API Reference - version 2.1.1) or there is another new one?

Many thanks

Alan

Nehorai

Hi, I am looking for code example for Fortisandbox Rest API, I'm sending http request but the response is always html content,

Here is my question from SO: https://stackoverflow.com/q/51279438/9875380

neonbit
Valued Contributor

I believe the latest Sandbox API documentation is 2.5.1 (from what I can see on the FNDN).

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors