Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Fahad
New Contributor III

AntiVirus on Cluster shows expired

Hi,

i have two fgt600C on A/P cluster running FortiOS 5.2.4, my issue is i have two different license on both FGTs (Primary Bundle, secondary NGFW) so am missing the AV on the 2nd device, now the issue is whenever there is an update it shows expired .

how do is solve it is by bringing down (reboot) the slave run the update on master works fine connected back again .

is my issue is related to license difference ( since 2nd device does not have AV license so when there is an update it reflect the status on master ) or its something else.

FCSNP 5, JNCIS-FW,JNCIA-SSL ,MCSE, ITIL.

1 Solution
denache
New Contributor III

I do have a similar issue (which is currently marked as bug 293314) between 2 FortiGate 92D (5.2 Patch4), one with Bundle and one with (only) Hardware 8x5, but am using FGSP not HA (according to http://docs-legacy.fortinet.com/fgt/handbook/cli52_html/index.html#page/FortiOS%205.2%20CLI/config_s... FGSP is not HA).

I do have 3 VDOM on each FortiGate (+root VDOM) and I am syncing sessions between 2 VDOM (on each side), but none of these 2 VDOM are not using UTM features neither being master VDOM, and still the one with Bundle subscription is marked as being unlicensed (and intermittently one, many or all UTM license are marked as Expired).

If you switch to FGSP you could use configuration synchronization, prioritize traffic through the one that has Bundle (by using VRRP) and in the failover case you should probably be ok because you can still use AV with the (default) old definition.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gschmitt
Valued Contributor

AFAIK you need licenses on both devices for them to work properly

hohosecure
New Contributor III

License requirements for HA cluster are written up here in the KB.

denache
New Contributor III

I do have a similar issue (which is currently marked as bug 293314) between 2 FortiGate 92D (5.2 Patch4), one with Bundle and one with (only) Hardware 8x5, but am using FGSP not HA (according to http://docs-legacy.fortinet.com/fgt/handbook/cli52_html/index.html#page/FortiOS%205.2%20CLI/config_s... FGSP is not HA).

I do have 3 VDOM on each FortiGate (+root VDOM) and I am syncing sessions between 2 VDOM (on each side), but none of these 2 VDOM are not using UTM features neither being master VDOM, and still the one with Bundle subscription is marked as being unlicensed (and intermittently one, many or all UTM license are marked as Expired).

If you switch to FGSP you could use configuration synchronization, prioritize traffic through the one that has Bundle (by using VRRP) and in the failover case you should probably be ok because you can still use AV with the (default) old definition.

Fahad
New Contributor III

hi,

mostly its the same bug because its the exact same issue, the only difference that am using HA (active-passive) then i believe i have to wait for it i will check with local Fortinet engineer her .

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors