Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MohammedBahjat
New Contributor II

Alternative of route protocols

Hello everybody,

I have a lab where we have some clients which i need them to reach a router thro the firewall so the main idea is to not use routing protocol or any default route i need to make the PC ( clients ) ping the router interface without routing what is the alternative of routing is there any solution ? 

many thanks in advance 

4 REPLIES 4
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello

Two hosts having IP addresses not in the same subnet cannot communicate without a router.

AEK
AEK
MohammedBahjat
New Contributor II

just to clarify if you the firewall is connected to the router physically i want to ping the loopback which is in the router interface i want to let the hosts ping it my manager told u can do it through the FortiGate firewall without the need for routing or default route any idea on that ? 

Toshi_Esumi

In this context, FGT=router. You need a policy set though because FGT is also a firewall.

Toshi

jguerra
Staff
Staff

You can try the Transparent mode if you do not want any routing between the FortiGate and your Router. 

Installing a FortiGate in Transparent mode 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors