Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Sebastian15
New Contributor

Allow youtube

Hello!

We have a fortgate 100D with FortiOS v5.6.9 build1673 (GA) In the Web Filter "Bandwidth Consuming" is "Streaming Media and Download" blocked. In the URL Filter I allowed youtube, but I always get the message "Web Page Blocked"! How do I unlock youtube?

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Even when a URL is "Allow"ed with a Static URL filter, it still needs to go through the category filters and would be blocked. You need to choose "Exempt" for those URLs to skipp the rest.

I don't know in your country but in the US the youtube content comes from "*googlevideo.com" so we need to add it too to allow youtube. When you check Web Filter log after allowing "All" Local Traffic Log, you can see why it's blocked or "passthrough".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Even when a URL is "Allow"ed with a Static URL filter, it still needs to go through the category filters and would be blocked. You need to choose "Exempt" for those URLs to skipp the rest.

I don't know in your country but in the US the youtube content comes from "*googlevideo.com" so we need to add it too to allow youtube. When you check Web Filter log after allowing "All" Local Traffic Log, you can see why it's blocked or "passthrough".

Sebastian15

Thanks for your answer!

Now it works :)

itsd
New Contributor II

Thanks.  That was the same issue I was facing.

“When things go wrong, don't go with them.”
“When things go wrong, don't go with them.”
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors