Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
CAD
Contributor

Allow youtube for specific user by IP address or by computer name

Hello everyone,

i have blocked "you tube" for all users using web filter profile.but i want exception only one user.

I'll paste here screenshot What did I want you advice so as to implement this, So far this user can not access YouTube

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
CAD
Contributor

screen shot for web filter

CAD
Contributor

Sorry this web filter profile

gsarica

Not sure what you have in the Destination Address 'Allow_youtube' but what I'd do is create a copy of your default policy, then create a custom Web Filter profile for the one user with a static URL filter set to allow *.youtube.com. Possibly also an Application Control filter doing the same thing.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

FWIW

You could use a ID-policy and give the users access for whatever sites. In the long run this approach is better than trying to bind to ipv4 address or hostnames.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
CAD

hello ,

Sorry for delay reply.

allow_you tube ="216.58.210.206"

i am able to access youtube , but can't see any videos its loading....

Dear emnoc

can you please give me example how to apply this.

thanks

CAD
Contributor

any advise?

gsarica

I'm pretty sure my suggestion above would work for the one user or even a group of users if you needed to add more. If I'm reading it correctly, emnoc's suggestion is very similar. Basically create a new policy for the user and allow Youtube as a domain or application, it may use many IP's which is why you aren't seeing videos play even though you have access to the site itself.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors