Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dholton912
New Contributor

Allow One IP to Remotely Browse through Site-to-Site

Hey everyone!

I have a site-to-site VPN between two locations. Is there a way I can pass only one IP address through for remote browsing. For example, I have a subnet of 10.0.0.0/24 on FW A that can access all internal resources on FW B (example subnet of 10.1.1.0/24). I have one workstation (10.0.0.50) on FW A that would need to access the internet through FW B. The rest of the network would still access the internet through FW A. I tried using this KB https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Remote-browsing-over-IPSec-VPN-tunnel/ta-p... but am unable to get what I need to work. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

1 Solution
hbac

@dholton912

I believe your default route is pointing to wan2 which is why it doesn't match the policy route. You will need another static route and point it to the IPSec tunnel. You can create a static route for 8.8.8.8 for testing and point it to the IPSec tunnel. After that, run the debug flow again. 

Regards, 

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52
mle2802

Hi @dholton912,

Can you try to run the following command on both FortiGate when ping 8.8.8.8 from 10.0.0.50:

diag sniffer packet any "host 10.0.0.50 and icmp" 4 0 l

dholton912

On FW B I get no responses as if the traffic never makes it there. On FW A I get continual 2024-01-08 10:55:34.243037 interface in 10.0.0.50 -> 8.8.8.8: icmp: echo request

mle2802

Can you run this on FWA when pinging again

diag debug reset

diag debug flow filter addr 10.0.0.50
diag debug flow filter proto 1
diag debug flow show ip en

diag debug flow show func en

diag debug console time ena

diag debug ena

diag debug flow trace start 999

dholton912

Do I run these one at a time or copy the whole and paste into the CLI?

mle2802

Yes, you can copy the whole thing and paste in CLI, press enter and run the ping. After the ping complete, copy result and close the CLI

dholton912

2024-01-08

mle2802

Look like there is traffic is still using wan2. Can you please run the command:

config router policy
show full

dholton912

config router policy
edit 1

next
end

mle2802

Hi @dholton912,

Instead of using 0.0.0.0, can you try to set the address as "all"

Capture.PNG

dholton912

So I'm on an older firmware and this is my options in the GUI.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors