Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
wolfiru3300
New Contributor

After upgrading to 6.4 so many features are missing?

Hello! I did an upgrade to 6.4 last Week on our Fortigate 100E. I mentioned that many features are missing now and policies have been changed. So I did have Policies that there is no deep SSL Inspection for Android Handys. After the Update there is no Option for the Devices available. WTF !?? Not sure if I should switch back to my old firmware. We have a lot of problems here now. What can I do? Best Regards Wolfgang

1 Solution
lobstercreed

You should never put X.0 code in production.  I did this once with 5.6.0 and learned the hard way, as it sounds like you did here.  The changes to MAC address / device objects was actually introduced with 6.2 so I'm guessing you leapfrogged from 6.0.x, which also means you didn't follow the recommended upgrade path as far as I can tell (just checked and even if you were on the latest 6.0.9 code, you should have gone to 6.2.4 first).

Probably downgrade and restore your config, then plan for the MAC address changes and follow the recommended upgrade paths (and read release notes!!) when you are better prepared.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
shehryar
New Contributor

Hi. I am also facing the same problem as I update 1000D 2 days ago

sw2090
Honored Contributor

hm did you follow the upgrade path?

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
wolfiru3300

Looks like, they have changed how to use Devices now. I found the Users & Devices in the Dashboard now. Seems that you have to create MAC Adresses now and Devices are not supported any longer? Puuhhhh..... How can I create Policies for example all Android / Mobile Devices now?

I also have been able to change the Read-Only Default Protocol Options to "Proxy-based" and could not change it back. I had to change it in Configuration File and than restore it into the Fortigate.

I now also have troubles with HTTPS and Virus Scan. I always get Certificate Errors and the Webpages do not work. I am not amused with 6.4.0 right now ....

lobstercreed

You should never put X.0 code in production.  I did this once with 5.6.0 and learned the hard way, as it sounds like you did here.  The changes to MAC address / device objects was actually introduced with 6.2 so I'm guessing you leapfrogged from 6.0.x, which also means you didn't follow the recommended upgrade path as far as I can tell (just checked and even if you were on the latest 6.0.9 code, you should have gone to 6.2.4 first).

Probably downgrade and restore your config, then plan for the MAC address changes and follow the recommended upgrade paths (and read release notes!!) when you are better prepared.

wolfiru3300

At least I followed the Upgrade Path, which is supported by the Firmware now and is a good feature. But looks like I should have read the Release Notes too. I did not expect, that things which work fine for me will not be available any more.

And yes, I did learn not to install an .0 Release in future. Strange things happening with this Release... Will stay with 6.0.9 on my private Home Fortiguard, that's a really nice Firmware :)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors