Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Hiroki
New Contributor II

After upgrading Fortigate v6.0.X to v7.0.11, Call Park using Sip server is no possible.

Dear Team

I upgraded Fortigate v6.0.X to v7.0.11 according to the upgrade path.

After update We cannot call park with sip server.

We are using only FW policy for IP telphone . we do not use Voip profile .

I think that fortigate was changed default value v6 to v7. but I cannot find the information.

Could you have any infomation. 

1 Solution
kvimaladevi
Staff
Staff

Hi Hiroki,

Could you provide us the topology showing the client and server connectivity. Also, please confirm if you are facing issues in picking the call or if you are able to connect but unable to hear the other end while call parking. 

Could you try to check if SIP ALG is disabled in the firewall as you say you do not use any VOIP profile in the policy.

Please refer to KB below
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-One-way-Audio-issue-in-VOIP-calls-ca...

Regards,

Vimala

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
kvimaladevi
Staff
Staff

Hi Hiroki,

Could you provide us the topology showing the client and server connectivity. Also, please confirm if you are facing issues in picking the call or if you are able to connect but unable to hear the other end while call parking. 

Could you try to check if SIP ALG is disabled in the firewall as you say you do not use any VOIP profile in the policy.

Please refer to KB below
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-One-way-Audio-issue-in-VOIP-calls-ca...

Regards,

Vimala

Hiroki
New Contributor II

Thank you reply.  Our topology is the fllowing.

NAT is not used between the router and Forti because it is a closed line.

At first, there were no problems with all communication.

After upgrading to v7.0, only C and D phones are having trouble.

The trouble is that you can't use the call park. You won't hear any two-way sound either. However, you can make one-on-one calls such as A and D, B and C, etc.

test.PNG

abelio
Valued Contributor

Hello,
did you try:?

config system settings
    set sip-expectation disable
end

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Hiroki
New Contributor II

Thank you for the reply.

I checked the value.

This value is disabled by default.

If you have more information, Please let me know.

tthrilok

Hi Hiroki,

Could you please share the below command outputs:

show full-configuration system settings | grep voip

show full-configuration system settings | grep sip

When you say one to one call is happening but call park is not working, could you please confirm if the callpark is like a conference call?

if so could you confirm if the call park also uses the same port and protocol as SIP?

Thank you!

funkylicious
Contributor III

geek
vsahu
Staff
Staff

Hello Hiroki,

There was a behavior change in SIP when upgrade from 6.4 to 7.0.x or 7.2.x, If you're using SIP ALG you need a policy in Proxy mode, Please verify the VOIP and policy mode.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Changes-in-SIP-ALG-s-behavior-after-upgrad...

Regards,
Vishal
Hiroki
New Contributor II

Hello all

We resolved the issue.

We disabled a session helper feature using the following technecal tip.

Technical Tip: Disabling VoIP Inspection - Fortinet Community 

Thank you again.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors