Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ravis
New Contributor

Advantage of using FG 100/200F

Dear all,

My existing network has no firewall,  Main router configured already for below features,

1. NAT to access the internet.

2. URL Filtering to block unwanted websites.

3. URL based bandwidth shaping with QOS.

4. ACL to limit traffic between departments.

5. Static and dynamic routing.

Can someone please share the advantages of using FG 100/200F in a network other than that mentioned above points.

6 REPLIES 6
jintrah_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi,

You can use many of the features available with FortiOS, some of them listed below.

SDWAN, VRF, multicast routing, SSLVPN, IPSec VPN, ZTNA, IPS, DoS sensors, Explicit Proxy, Wan optimization, DLP, AV, Application Control, Email Filtering, DNS filtering, Video Filtering, WAF sensor, VoIP protection, load balancing, HTTP multiplexing, and SSL offloading, traffic reports, etc.

best regards,

Jin

gfleming
Staff
Staff

To build on Jin's response, you can also leverage a FortiGate firewall to act as Wireless LAN Controller or Wired LAN COntroller. You can consolidate many features on to the FortiGate.

In addition you will most likely enjoy much easier management using FortiGate as all configuration is done using simple GUI all in one place, including monitoring, etc.

If you are using a router today, chances are management is a bit cumbersome.

FortiGate is full of features and functionality. Easy to do anything you want with it!

Cheers,
Graham
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi Ravis

Security is the main advantage.

AEK
AEK
sferoz
Staff
Staff

Good Day,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. 

To know the model specification details between 100F and 200F, kindly check the datasheet, also you can reach the local partner and they will contact the sales team and give you demo on the same.

I'm attaching the datasheet information as below:

https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/data-sheets/fortigate-100f-series.pdf

https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/data-sheets/fortigate-200f-series.pdf

Thanks,

Feroz

Ravis
New Contributor

Hi Feroz, I couldn't find a local partner yet, can you please share the contact information in Thailand as I would like to see a demo?

jintrah_FTNT

Hi,

Please check Thailand | Fortinet Partner Program | Directory

Best regards,

Jin

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors