Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
henrypool
New Contributor

Add different VDOMs to FortiManagers- possible?

Hello. I was given access to one (nonroot) VDOM and I would like to add it to my own Fortimanager. However there is no possibility to configure Central Management in that VDOM. My questions:

1) is this expected behavior that I cannot add my VDOM to Fortimanager if the Fortimanager feature is not configured/enabled on the root/global VDOM?

2) Is it possible to assign different VDOMs to different Fortimanagers? If so then...

3) ... which configuration steps are needed to have only my VDOM connected to my Fortimanager (while having the option to assign other VDOMs to different Fortimanager)?

I'm really new with Fortinet tech and have not yet found the answers in Fortimanager admin guide. Maybe I'm trying to accomplish something impossible. Thanks!

1 Solution
chall_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Configuring a FortiGate for central management is at the global (not VDOM) level on the FortiGate.  The entire FortiGate must be added to the same FortiManager, although VDOMs may then be assigned to different ADOMs on that FortiManager.

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
chall_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Configuring a FortiGate for central management is at the global (not VDOM) level on the FortiGate.  The entire FortiGate must be added to the same FortiManager, although VDOMs may then be assigned to different ADOMs on that FortiManager.

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors