Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ForgetItNet
Contributor

Add a second IP to Wan Interface for SIP traffic

Hi all,

This is a quick question but just wanted to clarify it as I'm new to FortiGate's but we've got 2 WAN lines and our SIP traffic is pointed at one (WAN2). We want to point it to an IP on the other line (WAN1) so currently WAN1 has 1 IP assigned to it ending in .130 and the IP we want to use for the SIP is .131. As there are currently some Firewall Policies that reference the current line (WAN2) are we just ok to add the .131 as a secondary IP onto WAN1 and then simply choose WAN1 on the Policies instead of WAN2 or is there some special way of setting up another interface that we will need to do ?

Thanks

Ian

2 REPLIES 2
sw2090
Honored Contributor

you can only set a secondary ip from out of the same subnet on the same interface that has primary ip in that subnet. So you have to do it on wan1 I suppose. Then you might have to deal around with Nat probably to make sure sip traffic goes out with the correct wan ip...

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
ForgetItNet
Contributor

That's fine then, that's what i've done on previous routers but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors