Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FRQ_Qc
New Contributor

Add FortiClient EMS protection for endpoint with FortiEDR

Hi there,

I'm new on Fortinet products.

We just installed a FortiEDR solution and we have FortiClient EMS solution, so my question is : Do I have to enable the protection solution (Malware protection, Antivirus, Anti-Ransomware, Anti-exploit, Cloud based malware solution) on FortiClient Endpoint Management Server or the FortiEDR solution is enough to protect my endpoint.

Thanks for your advices

1 Solution
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

FortiEDR is capable of protecting the endpoint without the FortiClient solution, but there are certain things FortiEDR cannot do which FortiClient can do, for example remote VPN, WebFiltering etc.

There are customers who have deployed both solutions together.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

FRQ_Qc

Hi Anthony_E,

No worries, take your time !

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello :)!

Thanks a lot, we really appreciate that! And we will do our best to help you ASAP.

Regards,

srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

FortiEDR is capable of protecting the endpoint without the FortiClient solution, but there are certain things FortiEDR cannot do which FortiClient can do, for example remote VPN, WebFiltering etc.

There are customers who have deployed both solutions together.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

FRQ_Qc

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for your reply ! I think I will go with both solution to increase the security.

Cheers.

Kader

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors