Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Frankfrnak
New Contributor II

Activating 7.2.4 VM Evaluation "Error 60" Invalid product model

Hi,

I wanted to test 7.2.4 VM on ESXI.
For my current and wanted setup, i wanted to add a NIC using PCIE passthrough of ESXI to the VM i downloaded, because i wanted to use a VLAN on my Nic so that i can get PPPOE. I Have my SFP in that NIC. I Got my PPPOE config to work using the CLI, so i currently can ping fortiguard servers or any other outside destinations using the execute ping command.

When i go execute vm-licenses

I get : 60 - Failed to request forticare license. Failed to download VM license.

But when i am using Diagnose hardware sysinfo vm full
i get
Valid : 0
Code : 202,

If i do it from the GUI i get a message bottom right which says : "Licence invalid product model"
My guess is because i kind of tempered with the VM adding a passed through nic but i hoped i was wrong, confirmed, or that it would be made possible.
My current number of physical interfaces is 2, i do respect the CPU and ram limitation (even tried lowering the ram to 1536 in case pcie did something). and i have 1 more logical interface which is my vlan, i'm unsure if it counts though, and i've let the default ssl.root and other .root interfaces because i doubt they'd count when activating..
Support directed me to the community forum because they wont support evaluations even though i'm a partner, so i guess no one is going to tell me : so yeah i've found your request in fg servers for activation and its bogus because of "...".
If anyone can help... i'd be pretty happy, next step i'd rather not take is bridge my isp's router and forget about passing through the NIC but that would require me to do some re-wiring and i'm happy not using their router at all..

1 Solution
Frankfrnak
New Contributor II

Allright, on the fortigate download page for the VM you have two options, if you read quick, like everyone does, the poor desing of the download page will let you download fortifirewall, which cannot be activated, if you scroll lower, you'll get the product for which you clicked on in the precedent page, which is fortigate and can be activated for eval.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
QNET
New Contributor

Hi Guy

I am new to Fortigate and couldn't get VM licence download...keep getting error 

Failed to download VM license.

I try to register with my VM serial number it said invalid?

Can you please help.

QNET
New Contributor

I did exactly as shown, but I still can't download license

RachelGomez123
Contributor

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an error while activating your 7.2.4 VM evaluation. The "Error 60" message typically indicates that the product model that you are trying to activate is invalid or unsupported.

Here are a few steps that you can take to try to resolve this issue:

Verify that you have downloaded the correct version of the VM evaluation for your operating system and hardware.

Check that the product model of the VM evaluation matches the version of the software that you are trying to activate.

Try restarting the activation process or rebooting your system and attempting the activation again.

If the above steps do not work, check the vendor's documentation or contact their support team for assistance in resolving the issue.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

QNET

I have same issue, I tried all version from the site same issue.

junalefalfer
New Contributor

Debes descargar "New deployment of FortiGate" , mucho cuidado con descargar fotifirewall, ahi se presenta el error.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors