Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jomof
New Contributor III

Activate ssl 2fa using forticloud option

Hello Expert,

I config ssl vpn on my fortigate 400E firewall but would like to enable 2FA for my user account.

I would to use the forticloud option for the 2FA.

Could any one provide guidance most of the videos online are using fortitoken or email method for their demonstration because I suspect the presenters done not have a forticloud account. 

My organization has a forticloud account. 

Thank you.

1 Solution
mpeddalla
Staff
Staff

Hello  @jomof  ,

Thank you for contacting the Fortinet Forum portal.

I do not think the option to have forticloud as two factors not available I checked on lab 

I could only see the below option:

Challenger-kvm91 (test) # set two-factor email

Challenger-kvm91 (test) # set two-factor
disable disable
fortitoken FortiToken
fortitoken-cloud FortiToken Cloud Service.
email Email authentication code.
sms SMS authentication code.

-You can have any of the above options. If you would like to use a Forticloud login account for admin users to log into the firewall it is possible, refer below article.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.0.0/new-features/135321/fortigate-administrator-log-i...

Best regards,

Manasa.

If you feel the above steps helped resolve the issue, mark the reply as solved so that other customers can get it easily while searching for similar scenarios.

Manasa

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mpeddalla
Staff
Staff

Hello  @jomof  ,

Thank you for contacting the Fortinet Forum portal.

I do not think the option to have forticloud as two factors not available I checked on lab 

I could only see the below option:

Challenger-kvm91 (test) # set two-factor email

Challenger-kvm91 (test) # set two-factor
disable disable
fortitoken FortiToken
fortitoken-cloud FortiToken Cloud Service.
email Email authentication code.
sms SMS authentication code.

-You can have any of the above options. If you would like to use a Forticloud login account for admin users to log into the firewall it is possible, refer below article.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.0.0/new-features/135321/fortigate-administrator-log-i...

Best regards,

Manasa.

If you feel the above steps helped resolve the issue, mark the reply as solved so that other customers can get it easily while searching for similar scenarios.

Manasa
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors