Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
chinookPT
New Contributor

Activate Token with Firewall Support expired

Hi,

I was checking documentation and looking for details about Fortitoken and if they can be purchased and activated in a firewall without support.

I already have a quote on the Token and support but dont know if client wants only the token ones.

Can you clarify on that?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

First, what token model we are talking about ?! It's important question as different models has different activation methods/models and they range from completely independent (FortiToken 200-CD [serial numbers FTK211*]) to FortiCare dependent FortiToken Mobile model.

FortiToken 200/200-CD/220 should work without any support license/subscription.

FortiToken Mobile, AFAIK, should work without support subscription. HOWEVER the underlying unit (FortiGate [FGT] or FortiAuthenticator [FAC]) needs to be registered in FortiCare, at least once. As all management actions are coordinated with FortiCare and SN of the unit is verified in process and so needs to be known to FortiCare. Especially token provision to mobile device where FortiCare serves as mediator between mobile app and FGT/FAC unit.

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

chinookPT

Hi,

So the model of the Fortitoken is the Mobile, FTM-ELIC-10.

The FortiWifi 60E had already been registered previously, however support has expired.

Now the customer may or may not proceed with the renewal of support. My question was whether to proceed if the Fortitoken licensing he buy would work/install without the support.

Thanks in advance.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors