Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Karstarkastro
New Contributor

Accessing local Exchange server through Outlook using wireless signal

Hello guys,

I am having a very strange problem with my wireless connection. We currently have an Exchange-On-Premises server in our network. When we open Outlook, it connects to this server to handle emails. The thing is that my Outlook client takes a very long time to connect to the server when i am connected through wifi, usually 20 minutes. We have a FortiWifi 90D that manages 2 FortiAP14C. This problem happens no matter to what signal emitter we connect to (FWF90D or FAP14C). This only happens when we connect to the SSID that has access to the local network. It doesnt happen when we are connected through wire.

I am certain that it isnt a firewall rule or anything like that. I contacted Fortinet support to solve the problem, but they couldnt neither. We tried everything: allowing unrestricted access to the SSID, packet debug, upgrading firmware (we are currently using 5.6), etc.

Anyone with the same problem?

1 Solution
CBaezLe
New Contributor III

Hi guys, as it turned out to be the Policy route we had set previously.

This KB http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/documentLink.do?popup=true&externalID=FD31240&languageId  

That's because we routed all traffic from the Mail server through the WAN with the static Public IP. After changing the policy to force only the outgoing SMTP packets to go through it everything started to flow.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
CBaezLe
New Contributor III

Hi guys, as it turned out to be the Policy route we had set previously.

This KB http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/documentLink.do?popup=true&externalID=FD31240&languageId  

That's because we routed all traffic from the Mail server through the WAN with the static Public IP. After changing the policy to force only the outgoing SMTP packets to go through it everything started to flow.

Thank you!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors