Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sasad
New Contributor

Access through IP should not be allowed for Firewall management only FQDN allowed.

Dear

We have Fortigate FG200E firewall, we need to access the Firewall through FQDN for that we have added the A records in our local and public DNS.

But now we need to stop the access direct from public IP, and the administrators must use the FQDN to access the Firewall management page.

Can anyone please help that how can I achieve this?

Asad
Asad
1 Solution
AEK

AEK
11 REPLIES 11
sasad
New Contributor

Hi 

Can you please suggest that which certificate I should purchase, as I've wildcard certificate installed yet like: *.mydomain.com but I am not sure that I can also add the IP addresses in it. Because I checked with Godaddy they refused to issue the certificate with IP Address.

Asad
Asad
AEK

Hello Sasad

The certificate you need here is a private certificate signed from your private authority as described in the doc I shared above. With such certificat you can add as many FQDNs and IPs as required.

On the other hand you can use you * public certificate but in that case will not be able to add private IP as SAN.

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors