Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FortiS_T
New Contributor

Access VIP from internal interface

Hi!

i have a fortiGate 100E with architecture like in this diagram:

i have a VIP that make snat from WAN1 (1.1.1.1) to server 10.0.0.1 and its working well from WAN.

guest network configured to go out via WAN2 interface, and i need to allow to guest users to access the server with the VIP address (1.1.1.1),

i tried to create a policy to allow connection from guest network to lan network via the VIP in destination and nothing,  i think there is any routing issue but i realy dont know what.

please your help,

Thanks!

1 Solution
Sudarsan_Babu
Contributor

Hello,

1. Check routing distance & Priority are same . 

2. Check Guest network routed through 10.0.0.0/24. 

Regards,

Sudarsan Babu P

View solution in original post

Regards, Sudarsan Babu P
4 REPLIES 4
Sudarsan_Babu
Contributor

Hello,

1. Check routing distance & Priority are same . 

2. Check Guest network routed through 10.0.0.0/24. 

Regards,

Sudarsan Babu P

Regards, Sudarsan Babu P
rwdorman

I've dont this for Internal networks accessing VIP's by doing an Internal -> Internal policy.  I would do a diag debug flow to check how routing and NAT are being applied.

-rd 2x 200D Clusters 1x 100D

1x 60D FortiOS 5.2 FortiAP 221C FAZ 200D

-rd 2x 200D Clusters 1x 100D 1x 60D FortiOS 5.2 FortiAP 221C FAZ 200D
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Create a policy from WANx to internal, but make the source the INTERNAL subnet and the destination the Virtual IP, no NAT. See if that works. (Are you sure it is a source NAT? Virtual IP is a destination NAT) Years ago I had to 'hack' the infrastructure to do just this.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
FortiS_T

Hi Guys,

thank you for your help!

after Sudarsan Babu message i saw that i really dont have connection from guest net. to 10.0.0.0/24,

so after I've created a policy route from guest to 10.0.0.0/24 and to WAN1 before the policy that route from guest to 0.0.0.0 via WAN2 and added this policies:

from guest to WAN1 with relevant service

(from WAN1 to LAN to VIP already existed) 

the problem has resolved,

Thanks again!

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors