Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Access SNMP

Hi all !! I configure the SNMP at the system panel on fortigate 60 B Add static route IP is the SNMP Server, but the is no result !! I think that I must add a policy on the firewall configuration, can some one help me plz ? thanks for your response. Regards
5 REPLIES 5
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

hi, have you enabled " SNMP" on the interface which is pointing to the server? As SNMP can be a security issue it is disabled by default on all interfaces. See System>Interfaces>...>Administrative Access and check ' SNMP' . Rule of thumb: if you can ping the server from the Fortigate console (' exec ping <IP address>' ) then the server should be able to receive SNMP traps and run queries.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Not applicable

Thaks ede_pfau, Yes I activate the SNMP on the interface and the ping is working, I must add a policy on the firewall !!!! The SNMP dont working !!
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

How then can ' ping' come through when you need a policy and don' t have one? But try it for yourself.

Ede

Not applicable

the ping is working because there is a STATIC ROUTE !! But I think that I must add a policy on the firewall !!
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

IF the traffic between FGT and the SNMP server needs to be routed then you need a policy as well as a route. You haven' t posted any information about the subnet the FGT is in, and the subnet the server is in. Maybe you could clarify your setup. OTOH, if you think you need a policy why don' t you just try it out?

Ede

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors