Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
KenKenKen
New Contributor

About FortiLink split interface

Hello everyone.

I have two FortiSwitches in HA configuration, configured with an ISL ring (not MC-LAG).

pic01.png

I enabled the FortiLink split interface, but as shown in the figure below, both Fortilinks are enabled (link up).02.png

I was expecting only one Fortilink to be enabled. Is this normal?

Best regards

Kenzo

2 REPLIES 2
spoojary
Staff
Staff

Split interface is for attaching 2 switches directly to FortiGate… and employs Spanning Tree. So unless your switches are interlinked, both ports will always be active.

If both interfaces are to the same switch, then split interface should be disabled, and the 802.3ad trunk will come up.

Also note that the Config won’t stay permanent on the switch — it’ll get overwritten by the Config from FortiGate if you were trying to admin-shut them via ssh to the switch…

Siddhanth Poojary
KenKenKen

Thank you for your answer!

I thought that since the Forti switches are connected to each other, they would be configured as a spanning tree. However, in the topology, the spanning tree does not show a discarding status.

Is this correct behavior?

Best regards

Kenzo

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors