Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
emoralesa
New Contributor

About FortiAP

Hello, everyone

I would like to know how to download the firmware for an FP221B which has version v5.0-build048. The AP constantly loses the signal and I have to disconnect the network cable and connect again. I want to know if it's firmware problem first.

I see that there is an update available, I select it from Fortiguard, however, I get an error.

I want to know the download, to start the update from the local hard drive. The recommended update is the FP221B-v5.2-build0254

Thank you very much.

1 Solution
tanr
Valued Contributor II

You can download the firmware from the support site https://support.fortinet.com/Download/FirmwareImages.aspx (assuming you have a current Fortiguard account).

Note that if you are coming from 5.0 build 48 (5.0.5) then you need to follow the update steps as listed in the 5.2.5 release notes, which say that it only supports upgrading (on the 5.0.x tree) from 5.0.10 (build 98).  So you'll need to download the appropriate 5.0.10 firmware, upgrade to that, then upgrade to the 5.2.5 firmware.  As always, back up configs before you do this and at each step.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tanr
Valued Contributor II

You can download the firmware from the support site https://support.fortinet.com/Download/FirmwareImages.aspx (assuming you have a current Fortiguard account).

Note that if you are coming from 5.0 build 48 (5.0.5) then you need to follow the update steps as listed in the 5.2.5 release notes, which say that it only supports upgrading (on the 5.0.x tree) from 5.0.10 (build 98).  So you'll need to download the appropriate 5.0.10 firmware, upgrade to that, then upgrade to the 5.2.5 firmware.  As always, back up configs before you do this and at each step.

emoralesa
New Contributor

Thank you very much, tanr. 

I appreciate your support very much. I will follow your recommendation.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors