Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
adityaiche
New Contributor

AWS VPN PING ISSUE

hello all,

I have one issue, i can ping my compuny local network premises from AWS EC2 instance but can't ping EC2 instance from my local network premises..I am using fortigate 60D firewall for VPN and both side tunnel is showing up. and i have also setup security group to allow all traffic.. so please help..

Regards,

Aditya Iche

15 REPLIES 15
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Start with "diag debug flow" and see what it shows. You can also  run a diag sniffer packet <interface> "icmp" and  see what other icmp-message might come down the tunnel

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
sandralynn

Hello,

Use the Amazon EC2 console or command line to ensure that there are no network access control lists (NACLs) in your Amazon VPC that affect the ability of the attached VPN to establish network connectivity.

Verify that there are no firewalls blocking traffic to the Amazon EC2 instances inside the VPC.

Thanks.

Armando_Gomez_Barrio
New Contributor III

hi,

I have a similar problem,  when performing the sniffer and sending a ping to aws I get an echo request no replay and if I send the ping from AWS I just get replay.

regards,

Armando Gómez

Armando Gómez
Armando Gómez
sarahjohn

Hello, I got this working.  

You have to do two things in AWS as well to make it work.  Add a route the outside IP of your ASA under VPN connection (xx.xx.xx.xx/32) and add an inbound rule in the appropriate security group to allow ICMP from the same source IP of your outside ASA IP. 

Once you do that the ip sla will start working. This will solve your AWS VPN PING ISSUE.

Thanks.

Armando_Gomez_Barrio

Thank for your help,

best regards.

Armando

Armando Gómez
Armando Gómez
azharuddin

Auto Scaling provides you with an option to enable Auto Scaling for one or more EC2 instances by attaching them to your existing Auto Scaling group. After the instances are attached, they become a part of the Auto Scaling group.

If you are aiming to use Auto Scaling, then certain important points must be acknowledged. This particular section helps you to gain the basic information regarding it. All these can be clearly explained in AWS Training.

Auto Scaling helps you maintain application availability. Auto Scaling launches and terminates Amazon EC2 instances automatically according to user-defined policies, schedules, and alarms. You can use Auto Scaling to maintain a fleet of Amazon EC2 instances that can adjust to any presented load. You can also use Auto Scaling to bring up multiple instances in a group at one time.

Armando_Gomez_Barrio

Thank for your help,   best regards. Armando

Armando Gómez
Armando Gómez
kumaran
New Contributor

Hi,

please let me know only unable to ping ? is there any other ports you are able to telnet from source end?

Armando_Gomez_Barrio

thank, problem solved,

Best regards

Armando

Armando Gómez
Armando Gómez
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors