Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MaxH
New Contributor

ARUBA VSF AND FORTIGATE ACTIVE-ACTIVE HA LACP ISSUE

Hello,
I'm stuck on one issue i saw since i've deployed the new instance Aruba and Fortigate on my site
My LAG between Stack 6200M Aruba Switch ( 2 x 2 ports 1GBS) and my FORTIGATE ( ACTIVE-ACTIVE )
works but there is an LACP issue - there Always 2 of 4 link LACP bloqued-see bellow :

MaxH_0-1717057741816.png

each physical switch should have 2GBS LAG interface normally but here not..could you please help?

MaxH
MaxH
1 REPLY 1
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

You should use 2 aggregate links between FGT and switch cluster, one per FGT. You'll see w different LAG IDs then. There was a KB article about this some time ago:

Technical-Tip-FortiGate-HA-A-P-Active-Passive-cluster-connected/ta-p/194655 

Technical-Tip-LACP-behavior-in-an-HA-cluster/ta-p/195163 

I think it's mentioned in the Admin Guide as well.

Nice that you employ 2 HA links for redundancy. For stability, put some more weight on one link than the other (like, 60:40).

Why do you use A-A mode? Usually A-P is used for stability. (You wouldn't have noticed the link issue then). A-A mode is usually used if more processing power is needed than a single FGT will supply.

Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors