Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cckwokho
New Contributor

ARP forwarding problem at Fortigate-800

Dar all, We have a pair of Fortigate-800 (running FortiOS 2.80 MR11) in a L2 active-standby cluster. The configuration is as follows: Active/Backup Fortigate: external -- connect to campus backbone. internal, dmz, ha -- connect to 3 internal zones for protection. port1, port2 -- HA with the backup/active Fortigate. port3, port4 -- unused. The cluster runs smoothly without problem for 1 year. However, the active Fortigate stops forwarding arp packets from its internal/dmz/ha to external interface yesterday morning. The arp forwarding in the reverse direction (i.e. from external to internal/dmz/ha) seemed to be normal. We tried to unplug the network cable at active Fortigate so that the traffic would fail over to the standby Fortigate. The arp forwarding problem was ceased afterwards. Does anyone have the same problem before? Thanks a lot. KH Cheung
2 REPLIES 2
Fireshield
New Contributor

Did you look for potential hardware issues on the NIC? diag hardware device nic <interface>
FCSE > FCNSP 2.8 > FCNSP 3.0 (Former) FCT
FCSE > FCNSP 2.8 > FCNSP 3.0 (Former) FCT
cckwokho
New Contributor

Hello Fireshield, I didn' t type the diag command. However, it didn' t seem to be NIC issue to me as the ARP forwarding problem did not happen again even I switched back to use the primary Fortigate. Thanks anyway. KH Cheung
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors