Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ad2104
New Contributor II

ADVPN Setup- Hub and Spokes Wan Interfaces connected via L2 VPLS

I need to setup ADVPN (using iBGP) between a Hub and 10 Spokes. Hub to Spokes and Spoke to Spoke (shortcut tunnel) communication is needed.

Hub and Spoke's Wan Interfaces are connected via Layer 2 VPLS network.

Would you please advise if ADVPN setup is feasible in such topology where Hub and Spokes FTG's WAN interface is connected by Layer2 VPLS?

ADVPN_Sample-Topology.PNG

Thank you

2 Solutions
ad2104
New Contributor II

Hi @ozkanaltas ,

Thank you for your response and document links. Config wizard looks really good, I am sure it will help. 

The other link mentioned to create a static route for WAN Interface, I am not sure what Gateway IP i can provide in case of VPLS infrastructure. Would you kindly suggest?

FGT_WAN_Interface.png

Thank you

View solution in original post

ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @ad2104 ,

You don't need to do that configuration. Because your FortiGates are on the same broadcast domain. This configuration is for if your FortiGates isn't on the same broadcast domain. 

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW

View solution in original post

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
4 REPLIES 4
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @ad2104 ,

You can build this structure on VPLS infrastructure. You can review this document. This document shows how you can create advpn with config wizard. Config wizard creates everything on behalf of you.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.3/administration-guide/853412/ipsec-vpn-wizard-hub-...

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.3/administration-guide/820072/advpn-with-bgp-as-the...

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
ad2104
New Contributor II

Hi @ozkanaltas ,

Thank you for your response and document links. Config wizard looks really good, I am sure it will help. 

The other link mentioned to create a static route for WAN Interface, I am not sure what Gateway IP i can provide in case of VPLS infrastructure. Would you kindly suggest?

FGT_WAN_Interface.png

Thank you

ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @ad2104 ,

You don't need to do that configuration. Because your FortiGates are on the same broadcast domain. This configuration is for if your FortiGates isn't on the same broadcast domain. 

ad2104
New Contributor II

Thank you @ozkanaltas 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors