Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SteveG
Contributor III

A/A-VRRP Mode & VRRP IP's

I have a very simple requirement. Two ADC300's in A/A-VRRP mode. I want to present VirtualServer1 from ADC1 and VirtualServer2 from ADC2. In the event of either unit failing the VS needs to move to the other ADC. 

However, this is proving a real challenge. Anyone out there have this setup and care to share the relevant part of your config?

From ADC manual this paragraph suggests it's possible.

You use the HA node IP list configuration in an HA active-active deployment. For each HA cluster node, configure an HA node IP list that includes an entry for each cluster node. When the appliance is in standalone mode, it uses the physical port IP address; when it is in HA mode, it uses the HA node IP address. For each address, specify an IP address using the CIDR-formatted subnet mask, separated by a forward slash ( / ), such as 192.0.2.5/24.    Here's the config I believe should work taken from a vlan interface. .111 is pingable but .222 doesn't even respond to ARP's.       config  ha-node-ip-list       edit 1         set ip 1,1,1.111/24         set node 0         set allowaccess ping        next       edit 2         set ip 1.1.1.222/24         set node 1         set allowaccess ping        next

1 REPLY 1
boneyard
Valued Contributor

from what i experienced so far Active-Active-VRRP doesn't use the ha-node-ip-list, that is something for Active-Active.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors