Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Nikolasss
New Contributor II

722234 FSSO AD polling mode connector does not work with LDAPS.

Hi!

We use Fortigate 6.4.6 and we didn't upgrade to 6.4.7 and 6.4.8 because we use a collector fsso agent in ldaps.  It seem strange to me that it cannot work for the last 4-5 month, and I see almost nothing on internet around this problem.  Is it under other specific condition?

Thanks

1 Solution
Somashekara_Hanumant

Hello Nikolasss,

This is a documentation error, We have already informed our documentation team to remove this from the release notes, as this is fixed with 6.4.7

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Somu

EMEA Technical Support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Somashekara_Hanumant

Hi Nikolasss,

Please let us know how 'the LDAP server is configured under 'config user ldap'

If it is configured with IP address, please configure with FQDN, and then check (also please check whether FQDN is resolving or not)

Regards,

Somu

EMEA Technical Support
Nikolasss
New Contributor II

Hi,
Just to be clear, we don't have any problem right now, but we are worried to upgrade and not be able to use the ldaps again.

After your message, I changed our DNS server to use our internal and after changed our ip of our LDAPS server to the fqdn.  I was able to activate the server identity check and everything seems good.

My question it more about, if I upgrade to the last firmware, do you think it will broke our ldaps connectivity?

Thanks for your help!

Somashekara_Hanumant

Hi Nickloasss,

As per the internal ticket 722234, issue is resolved with 6.4.7 patch.

If you upgrade to 6.4.7 it should not brake the LDAPS connectivity.

Regards,

Somu

EMEA Technical Support
Nikolasss
New Contributor II

But it is in your know issue of the release note of 6.4.8:
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.4.8/fortios-release-notes/236526/known-issues

FSSO AD polling mode connector does not work with LDAPS.

I'm not sure where I will put my faith, in you or in the release note :face_savoring_food:

Somashekara_Hanumant

Hello Nikolasss,

This is a documentation error, We have already informed our documentation team to remove this from the release notes, as this is fixed with 6.4.7

Regards,

Somu

EMEA Technical Support
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors