Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bevvet
Visitor

7.6.0 WAD memory leak, Fortigate 200F

So been running 7.6.0 since it has come out on my home fortigate. In 56 days the memory usage rose to about 83-84% when I just happened to log in and notice the high usage. 8 WAD services using about 13.3% usage each. Restarted WAD and memory dropped back down. Wanted to let the community know what I came across, don't have support on the fortigate so not able to open a ticket with them to provide them any information to help them discover the cause.

2 REPLIES 2
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

Thank you for sharing your findings. Are you using any policy in proxy mode?

There is a known issue (1042055) related to it, the issue is already fixed and will be included in 7.6.1.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
mpeddalla
Staff
Staff

Hello  @bevvet ,

Thank you for contacting the Fortinet Forum portal.

-As mentioned by my colleague there is known issue but for time being if you would like to kill the wad process to optimize the memory configure the below automation stitch which helps to restart the wad process.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-restart-WAD-or-IPS-engine-using-aut...

Best regards,

Manasa.

If you feel the above steps helped resolve the issue, mark the reply as solved so that other customers can get it easily while searching for similar scenarios.

Manasa
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors