Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
time4pj
New Contributor II

60F vs 61F

Hi,

I have just purchased a used 60D that I registered.  I see that it is like Windows Vista, so I'm going to upgrade to 60F or 61F.  What benefit is the 61F over a 60F?  i can afford both, but I don't know why I would want the extra storage?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

The 60F might be easier to get , I have both but use the 60F at home.The extra cost of disk storage was not a requirement nor was it worth the extra dollars. Btw these 2 model are exactly the same outside of internal storage.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
time4pj
New Contributor II

I figured it out .. Greater log space ...

nicerobot_FTNT

There are a lot of features that require a hard drive. Plus log retention. See below.

Benefits of Local Storage (FortiGate)

• Local Logging & Reporting
  • FAZ logging with 'store-and-upload' (if FAZ if unreachable)
  • Configuration Revisions
  • Learning mode for firewall policies
  • Antivirus Quarantine
  • Explicit Proxy
  • DLP
  • PCAP via GUI
  • PCAP triggered by Firewall Policy
  • IPS PCAP
  • Parts of FortiView (uses local SQL database)[/ul]
  • WAN optimization for devices that support WAN opt (byte cache)[/ul]
  • Proxy Caching
  • FEC for SD-WAN
  • Future features that may need local storage (like advanced SD-WAN as an example)
  • SSD are Enterprise grade and designed to last more than 5 years of use, unlike Consumer grade[/ul]

• ---

Opinions expressed are my own and may not represent the official opinion of my employer.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors