Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kapilkala
New Contributor

60F Internet Down

Hi,

one of our client having 60F, they are facing regulars internet issue is like. some time will work & suddenly get stopped or work too much slow..

So I just want to know & want to check the issue is from WAN (ISP) or LAN (FIREWALL) can you just guide to trace the issue is from which side from firewall..

16 REPLIES 16
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi

• Which firmware versions?
  • When the issue occurs try bypass FGT and connect your laptop directly to the wan link to confirm if the issue is in FGT
  • Sometimes it can be just a cable issue, so if possible check if the wan cable is healthy or change it if needed
  • Check system logs on firewall and on ISP modem, they can contain events related to this outage
AEK
AEK
kapilkala
New Contributor

FW - v7.4.2 build2571 (Feature)

but can possible to trace from firewall logs for reason of slowness or down..

AEK

You can check system logs, it may give you some useful related info.

Log & Report > System Event

AEK
AEK
kapilkala
New Contributor

in System Event which logs will be related to this like from filter..

AEK

Don't use filter except date/time. Try find any relevant log that occurred at the outage time.

It is possible that you will find any relevant log, but even in that case it can be a useful info.

AEK
AEK
kapilkala
New Contributor

I tried to found but cant get the related logs like wan down, network down..

is there any specific option to search that related logs only

AEK

If you don't find relevant logs at the time of the outage I'd not focus on FGT logs anymore for now.

I'd recommend the following:

• When the issue occurs again try bypass FGT and connect your laptop directly to the wan link to confirm if the issue is in FGT
  • Check logs on ISP modem as it may contain events related to this outage
  • Check in release notes / known issues of version 7.4.2 if there is similar known issue
  • Open a ticket on parallel with your own investigation 
AEK
AEK
kapilkala
New Contributor

is there any option to monitor wan port from FGT.

AEK

Yes, I guess it is much better to set SD-WAN

AEK
AEK
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors