Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
robert44
Visitor

60F IPSec site to site AWS NAT no ping

Where is the problem? tunnel up no ping

OUTRzwcvc1.pngPDFXEdit_YRK115ooXm.pngPDFXEdit_BRfflKZ8HW.png

1 Solution
saleha
Staff
Staff

Hi robert44,

Thank you for reaching out. I believe the issue here is about phase2 selectors missing the ippool external ip as local address on the fortigate side and would be a remote on the AWS server. This is because you are natting the traffic on the outgoing firewall policy and I see the ping is stopping at the ipsec tunnel. You can further confirm this with running the following debug then start the ping again:
di de flow filter addr 10.100.0.19

di de flow filter proto 1
di de flow show function enable

di de flow trace start 10

di de console time en

di de en

Thank you,

saleha

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
saleha
Staff
Staff

Hi robert44,

Thank you for reaching out. I believe the issue here is about phase2 selectors missing the ippool external ip as local address on the fortigate side and would be a remote on the AWS server. This is because you are natting the traffic on the outgoing firewall policy and I see the ping is stopping at the ipsec tunnel. You can further confirm this with running the following debug then start the ping again:
di de flow filter addr 10.100.0.19

di de flow filter proto 1
di de flow show function enable

di de flow trace start 10

di de console time en

di de en

Thank you,

saleha

robert44

You've saved my life, thank you. I owe you a beer. It works by putting an IP from the IP pool, specifically I've put 10.0.112.230/32  on phase2 and now I can ping :D

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors