Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ejhardin
Contributor

60D IPS Update (Maybe other devices)

Anyone else having an issue with IPS update 378? (2013-08-14 11:07:13 -0700) It was pushed out at 11:07 PST and it has caused my 60d to hit 100% cpu. I had to disable the ips engine because it was stopping traffic to the internet. My 60c' s and 200b look ok.
4 REPLIES 4
vanc
New Contributor II

It' s better to report the issue to Fortinet support. You can also try to use " diag test app ipsm 99" to restart ipsengine and see what will happen. BTW, which FOS version were you running? IPS engine version? (diag autoupdate versions).
ejhardin

I would report it to Fortinet but it will most likely be resolved in tomorrow' s update and I don' t have time to wait three days for some level one tech to call me back. I' m not looking for a solution just wondering if anyone is seeing what I' m seeing. I' m sure it was just a bad update and if not will probably be cleared up after a reboot. I did a diag sys kill 11 and grabbed the crash log. I did restart the service twice and it still hung at 100%. I disabled ips by diag test application ips monitor 2. Rebooting the firewall tonight. 60D - 5.0.3
qxu_FTNT
Staff
Staff

What build is your 60D running on? Please post the output " diag auto version" . Thanks,
RH2
New Contributor II

had to reboot a bunch of our firewalls too
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors