Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
pitchdown
New Contributor

60C WIFI WAN Speed

Hello, I have a Fortigate 60C WIFI. This fortigate is connected to an 120 Mbps Internet-connection. Until now, I am having a max of 80 Mbps with the fortigate 60C between my network and modem. All Features are disabled. What can I change to have the full 120 Mbps speed? Thx
3 REPLIES 3
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

1st What is your interface running at e.g 1 30 42 65 78 mbps Your not going any faster than 802.11 will allow for the associated device 2nd Does your want interface have any errors 3rd I' m assuming this is a FWF60C, so have you tried wired-client for any differences?

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Istvan_Takacs_FTNT

Would be good to have a few more details about your config. Are you connected to your modem via the wan1 port? Are you using the wireless to connect to your FGT on the LAN? Have you tried to use one of the local ports to check the speed you get? Have you checked your WAN speed to your provider if they still give you the 120 Mb? Once you put more details in, someone might be able to give you a more specific answer.
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

I also would add if your testing from a wireless client check the wireless client speed 1st b4 you continual on with your test diag sys wireless client Remember 802.11 blah is a shared topology that runs at half-duplex. So there' s no way you will have 100% effective down/up-loads speeds and more of any issues your using channels that overlap or have alot of duty-cycle from other nearby AP, or microwaves oven for example in or near the 2.4ghz range.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors