Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
LarryC
New Contributor

600Fs active-active HA to Cisco Nexus 9Ks NX-OS

I have two 600Fs in active-active HA that will be connected to two Cisco Nexus 9K NX-0S in a vPC domain.

I am new to FG attempting to determine correct port settings on the 600F for a redundant inside interface with the goal being if either N9K or 600F goes down, traffic will still flow.

Currently I have port x6 on both 600Fs connected to each N9Ks port Eth 1/2

Primary 600F port x6 – switch 1 N9K port 1/2

Second 600F port x6 – switch 2 N9K port 1/2

The N9K ports are setup as vPC/port-channel

What is the correct interface settings on the 600F to support this or is this not supported?

Thanks much for any guidance.

4 REPLIES 4
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Larry,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Larry,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Irfan_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi @LarryC,

Thanks for using the Community Forum. The answer is yes, FortiGate support Link Aggregation. You could find more information here.

Thanks,
Irfan
gfleming
Staff
Staff

If you have single links from each FortiGate (sounds like you do—x6) then it's just a regular interface no special configuration needed.

If you want to do LACP to your N9K from both Firewalls (so you can have a Nexus switch failure and not have your FortiGate HA failover too) then you can do this with an Aggregate link type.

Cheers,
Graham
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors