Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
QuinFilipowicz
New Contributor

6.4.4 and 6.4.5 Client - Can you hide the Real Time Scanning window through EMS?

Our users have started getting scanning popups with FortiClient 644 and 645 which is deployed by our 644 FortiClientEMS.  What setting on EMS can I click to hide these daily scans, so the FortiClient performs the scans but the user doesn't get distracted by a window that pops up every day?  See Attached Picture of scan window. ALSO, is there a setting that tells FortiClient to scan only the updated files since last scan?  A scan of 113K files every day can get a bit taxing on the system I would think. 

Thank You, Quin

Quin
Quin
7 REPLIES 7
fcb
Contributor

Yeah man, of course. You can hide the entire scanning feature by simply clicking the little "eye" at the top of the tab that deals with whatever module you're wanting to hide.. You can also go into the XML and find the tags:

<display_vulnerability_scan>0</display_vulnerability_scan> and set it to 0 as shown in the example.

As far as scanning only the updated files, I don't think so but could be missing that one. Would have to be within the XML config I'd think

fcb
Contributor

So I totally misunderstood this question... Apologies - Please disregard my previous post. I think what you are looking for is in this section of the XML:

[left]    <antivirus>         <enabled>0</enabled>         <signature_expired_notification>0</signature_expired_notification>         <scan_on_insertion>0</scan_on_insertion>         <shell_integration>0</shell_integration>         <advanced_shell_integration> [style="background-color: #888888;"][size="3"]  [style="background-color: #ffffff;"]     <hide_av_scan>0</hide_av_scan>[/style][/size][/style][/left]

<hide_av_analyse>0</hide_av_analyse>         >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>         >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Maybe you could see what yours is currently set to?

Thanks-

jstonge
New Contributor

QuinFilipowicz:

Just wanted to know if you have tried the suggestion above and if it worked?

ESIT
New Contributor II

I'm trying this now, will report back for others who find themselves here.

I figure it should be set to '1'

hwkowl
New Contributor

This does not hide the window but the option "scan with FortiClient anti virus" in Windows Explorer. You can toggle that in FortiClient EMS in the profile section under Malware -> On Demand Scanning.

The question how to hide the scan window is still open.

taareni9
New Contributor

I'm trying this now, will report back for others who find themselves here.

hellodear.in

teatv download

ESIT
New Contributor II

Late reply, there's no way to make it go away. Apparently it's fixed in v7.something.something

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors