Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
laffeg
New Contributor

50E - ldap server setup but can't add remote ldap user - submit button does nothing

hi

50E model running v5.6.3

LDAP server setup and returns AD users, however when i try to add a remote LDAP user i get to the last stage - highlight the user i want and click submit  and i am returned to the list of existing users without the new one being added  - no error message

any ideas ?

2 Solutions
Bubu
Contributor

Hi,

As workaround, try to add user in CLI:

config user local

edit user2

set type ldap

set ldap_server ourLDAPsrv

end

Version 5.6.4 is already released, try to update, this is probably a bug. BR Bubu

Bubu

View solution in original post

Bubu
Seppel
Contributor II

Hi lafegg

Highlight the user, then right click on the highlighted user and click on add selected. After this you can see the new user under the Selected Tab. Submit and enjoy 

Regards,

Andy

Fortigate 500E HA Fortimail 200 Fortimanager

FortiEMS

FortiSandbox 1000D

FortiSwitch Network Some other Models in use :-) ---------------------------------------------------- FCSE ----------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

Fortigate 500E HA Fortimail 200 Fortimanager FortiEMS FortiSandbox 1000D FortiSwitch Network Some other Models in use :-) ---------------------------------------------------- FCSE ----------------------------------------------------
4 REPLIES 4
Bubu
Contributor

Hi,

As workaround, try to add user in CLI:

config user local

edit user2

set type ldap

set ldap_server ourLDAPsrv

end

Version 5.6.4 is already released, try to update, this is probably a bug. BR Bubu

Bubu

Bubu
Seppel
Contributor II

Hi lafegg

Highlight the user, then right click on the highlighted user and click on add selected. After this you can see the new user under the Selected Tab. Submit and enjoy 

Regards,

Andy

Fortigate 500E HA Fortimail 200 Fortimanager

FortiEMS

FortiSandbox 1000D

FortiSwitch Network Some other Models in use :-) ---------------------------------------------------- FCSE ----------------------------------------------------

Fortigate 500E HA Fortimail 200 Fortimanager FortiEMS FortiSandbox 1000D FortiSwitch Network Some other Models in use :-) ---------------------------------------------------- FCSE ----------------------------------------------------
laffeg
New Contributor

hi

not been back to site with 50E but now got a 80E doing the same

updated to 5.6.4 but still the same

can you confirm the syntax of the command you suggested..  where do i specify server IP and username ?

config user localedit user2set type ldapset ldap_server ourLDAPsrvend 

laffeg
New Contributor

thanks Andy

i didn't get notification of your post or missed it 

only just spotted it and that was the cause - didnt realise you had to right click

thanks for the help 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors