Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bcote
New Contributor

5.6 System Events - Virtual WAN Link volume status

Hi guys,

I am having consistent logs every 5-10 minutes : 

10:13:34 The member(1) stops receiving new sessions for too much traffic.          Virtual WAN Link volume status

10:13:34 The member(1)resume receiving new sessions for internal adjustment.   Virtual WAN Link volume status

I am using SD-WAN with a single connection right now(1Gbps) as the 2nd connection is still being installed by the ISP. Is this something to be concerned about? Could it be simply since the SD-WAN only has 1 connection? I am definitely not reaching my 1Gbps limit as this is very slow times and I barely use 200Mbps. 

Any indication on what this means would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

8 REPLIES 8
dustin2050
New Contributor

Hi,

I am having the same log messages... Do you get some information about this?

greetings

Dustin

bcote

Hi Dustin,

sadly nothing yet. I was waiting for 5.6.1 to come out, which from what I heard, should be in the coming days/weeks and see if that is fixed. I am actually adding my 2nd ISP link to the SD-WAN tomorrow and will see if the message is still present afterwards. I was suspecting the logs were possibly false/positive, but I won't know until I do some changes and hopefully, if it is a bug, when 5.6.1 comes out, it will be addressed. 

I'll keep you updated.

Ben

dustin2050

Hi bcote,

i have done the Upgrade to 5.6.1 but i still have this Messages in the Eventlog :(

rcarreras
New Contributor III

Any update with this issue ??

I have been receiving this error message with 5.6.3. :(

Best regards,

Ricard

Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

FortiOS 5.6.1 was released yesterday.

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
bcote

oh yeah. I have been looking daily, but seeing as it was released around 4 pm yesterday, I missed it this morning. I'll be testing it out this weekend either way. From what the release notes are showing me, I don't see much affecting my configuration, and since we are a smaller shop... and I love bleeding edge, it'll be in before Monday.

I'll let you know if the logging issue is resolved on this version

bcote
New Contributor

Hey Dustin,

Completed the upgrade to 5.6.1 without any issues. Added my secondary ISP to the SD-WAN link. Everything seems to work fine. They are both weighed 50/50 and I see traffic flowing through both, but as far as the logs go, I still still every 5 minutes the same logs over and over, from both lines now. I will open a ticket with Fortinet as I want to be sure this isn't an indication of another issue.

110:30:24  The member(1) resume receiving new sessions for internal adjustment.Virtual WAN Link volume status210:30:24  The member(1) stops receiving new sessions for too much traffic.Virtual WAN Link volume status310:25:24  The member(1) resume receiving new sessions for internal adjustment.Virtual WAN Link volume status410:25:24  The member(2) stops receiving new sessions for too much traffic.Virtual WAN Link volume status510:23:34 adminEdit system.interface port17Object attribute configured610:20:24  The member(2) resume receiving new sessions for internal adjustment.Virtual WAN Link volume status710:20:24  The member(2) stops receiving new sessions for too much traffic.Virtual WAN Link volume status810:20:24  The member(1) stops receiving new sessions for too much traffic.Virtual WAN Link volume status

I'll keep you updated.

MikePruett
Valued Contributor

That's just the log from where it is balancing based on volume. Your load balancing should be working without issues

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors