Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Wayne11
Contributor

5.6.2 WAN IP always spinning

Does anyone else also having the issue that the WAN IP is never showing up in the System Information Widget with 5.6.2?

Thx

Wayne

2 Solutions
Frosty

Got my answer:

* this is acknowledged as a bug in v5.6.1 and v5.6.2

* it has been fixed in v5.6.3

* it is NOT mentioned in the Release Notes for v5.6.2

* there is a CLI workaround as follows:

diag sys waninfo

When I ran that CLI command first time, it threw an error, however a few seconds later the GUI updated correctly.

When I ran that CLI command a second time, it ran okay.

View solution in original post

aboodnet
New Contributor II

This is how i fixed it. 

diagnose sys waninfo ipify

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
bshimkus
New Contributor III

I have the same issue.

FortiGate-60E (5.6.2)

bks

FortiGate-60E, 2 x FortiAP-224D, FortiSwitch FS-108D-POE, FortiRecorder-100D, 3 x FortiCam-FD40

FortiGate-60E, 2 x FortiAP-224D, FortiSwitch FS-108D-POE, FortiRecorder-100D, 3 x FortiCam-FD40
bshimkus
New Contributor III

Well, mine finally stopped spinning.

I had to power down the FortiGate in order to move it to a new location and upon power up, it's now showing the WAN IP.

Strange...

bks

Frosty

We just deployed an FG200E running v5.6.2 and I've got this same "spinning icon" oddity with the WAN IP as well.

Has anyone worked this out?

Frosty

I've just logged a ticket with Fortinet Support; will post again if/when I get an answer or a fix.

Frosty

Got my answer:

* this is acknowledged as a bug in v5.6.1 and v5.6.2

* it has been fixed in v5.6.3

* it is NOT mentioned in the Release Notes for v5.6.2

* there is a CLI workaround as follows:

diag sys waninfo

When I ran that CLI command first time, it threw an error, however a few seconds later the GUI updated correctly.

When I ran that CLI command a second time, it ran okay.

sanderl
New Contributor III

Yes I had that for all the time running 5.6.2 And now with 5.6.3 the spinning is gone!

It now just shows "unknown"

running diag sys waninfo twice now shows it.

cult_hero13

I just updated to 6.0.2 and instead of WAN IP spinning in the System Information widget, mine just showed "Unknown".  Like Frosty and sanderl, running "diag sys waninfo" twice did the trick.

sanderl
New Contributor III

Just updated to 6.0.2 and as also in 6.0.1 no WAN IP anymore. Even if I do it a lot of times always same error:

diagnose sys waninfo
Failed to get my public IP, ret=0 src_ip=0.0.0.0 vfid=-1(null)
Command fail. Return code 5
vtech007

sanderl wrote:

Just updated to 6.0.2 and as also in 6.0.1 no WAN IP anymore. Even if I do it a lot of times always same error:

diagnose sys waninfo
Failed to get my public IP, ret=0 src_ip=0.0.0.0 vfid=-1(null)
Command fail. Return code 5

try clicking on wan interface then go back to cli and try diag sys waninfo , works for me

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors