Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
john_grimes
New Contributor

5.4 Client and Windows 10

OK, this is starting to concern me, as I am finding the following:

1.) Install 5.4 client onto windows 10 machine. Install essentials only.

2.) Will work for a time period. Then? Mysteriously, it will disconnect. Then, if you attmept to reconnect? User will get the connecting screen...it will go to 98%, and then hang.

3.) Client will eventually time out, and return to asking for a username/password combination.

The only solution that I've found at this point is a complete uninstall, reboot, and reinstall of the VPN client.

NOT a solution that I want to give a Windows 10 user every time his VPN client decides to do something odd and disconnect...

11 REPLIES 11
kolawale_FTNT

Do you have any competitor products installed? Consider reporting it to Fortinet support. You may provide the support ticket here.

In the mean time, try enabling Always Up. If the connection drops, FortiClient will retry the connection automatically.

Camshaft007

I've go the exact issue here.  OS Win10 FCT: 5.4.0.0780.   I did notice that the connection does establish and the FGT does hand the client an IP Address, but the FCT simply disconnects leaving the session on the FGT hanging.  When I try to re-authenticate, the FGT thinks I have an existing session already open. 

FCT LOGS:

12/14/2015 2:27:47 PM Error VPN FortiSslvpn: 11664: error: ssl_connect 12/14/2015 2:27:47 PM Error VPN FortiSslvpn: 11664: error: ssl_connect 12/14/2015 2:27:47 PM Error VPN FortiSslvpn: 11664: tunnel_to_fgt error 12/14/2015 2:27:47 PM Error VPN FortiSslvpn: 11664: tunnel_to_fgt error 12/14/2015 2:27:49 PM Error VPN FortiSslvpn: 4944: error: ras_loop(), waitResult=1. 12/14/2015 2:27:49 PM Error VPN FortiSslvpn: 4944: error: ras_loop(), waitResult=1.

" The Linux philosophy is ' Laugh in the face of danger' . Oops. Wrong One. ' Do it yourself' . Yes, that' s it." - Linus Torvalds

" The Linux philosophy is ' Laugh in the face of danger' . Oops. Wrong One. ' Do it yourself' . Yes, that' s it." - Linus Torvalds
Camshaft007
New Contributor

@John I figured out why my FortiClient was having problems.  I had SSL Deep Packet inspection enabled on my Lab firewall and the FortiClient/SSL session was terminating unexpectedly.  When I disabled SSL Deep Packet inspection on my 90D at my Lab, my FCT would connect via SSL VPN.  Not sure if this helps you, but it was the cause of my problem(s) regarding SSL/VPN connectivity.

viduna

what is the exact version of forticlient which supports for windows 10.

I want to install only VPN options.

Shawn_Yen
New Contributor

Any fix for the above? I have user facing the same problem.

lhguanabara
New Contributor

Hi! I've had same problem with my W10 laptop, what worked for me was run FortiClient in compatibility mode (Windows 7).

boomshanker

I am experiencing the exact same issue as well.  Found today that just doing a Repair on the FortiClient and then a reboot resolved the issue.  At least for now...

jclavero

Hello all, 

I'm facing the same issue in a laptop with Win8.1 installed. Forticlient's version is v.5.4.0.0780. Does anyone know what's the problem or how can I fix it?

Best regards, 

Javier.

Collis

Hi All,

I also have this problem with Windows 10 using 5.4 FortiClient.

I am now using IPSEC until Fortinet resolve this issue. According to TAC they suspect a Windows patch is the root cause but still investigating.

TAC also asked me to try the following workaround (but not very practical for large Windows 10 rollouts):

http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/documentLink.do?externalID=FD36630  

Hopefully they will resolve in next V5.4 version. Use IPSEC in the meantime...

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors