Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
vulcan603
New Contributor

5.4.8 and Citrix / RDS Agent - RDS show full logon user is FSSO and Citrix FSSO user.

Hi all,

I am in the middle of a FSSO deployment, Everything was going just fine, FSSO users that have physical devices such as laptops and desktops are working fine.

We have partially deployed the Citrix / TS agent to our estate but have noticed the following behaviour.

1. Citrix / TS agent is registering testuser123 is the CA and assigning the relevant source ports.

2. The Citrix TS login appear as a full user login when looking at monitor>firewall users monitor

3. The byte counter for the Citrix FSSO user never increases but the other signed it user does.

In our scenario we have many Citrix builds. My understanding was that the Citrix FSSO agent would allow use to have multiple users connected from one IP address.

In this case what authentication method should be used when a Citrix user connects. There is no option for Citrix FSSO users when choosing an explicit proxy policy. IP based obviously should be disabled.

What is the correct method to authenticate Citrix users? I dont see the point of the Citrix FSSO agent if Citrix FSSO users cant be seen or used withing an FSSO non IP based authentication policy.

Hope this makes sense to someone.

2 REPLIES 2
vulcan603
New Contributor

To further elaborate on this issue I now have a better understanding of what is occurring.

TS agent is working fine. All ICA sessions to one server can detect different users so thats good.

The problem occurs when an ADMIN RDP's onto the server, the admin seems to pickup dynamic ports ranges and can then in turn pickup other users filtering policies.

I would have thought the whole point of the TS agent was to allow RDP / TS / Citrix sessions or have i misunderstood this.

vulcan603

Well. It looks like I may have found the answer.

It would appear that the issue is related to the use of the $ sign in a user name.

Any account that is use in AD that starts with a $ isnt not seen by the collector agent, not sure if the DCA agent is even sending it to the collector.

As soon as I use an account that doesnt contain a $ for RDP the TS agent works correctly.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors