Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Baptiste
Contributor II

5.4.0 is Out

Hey, who is going first ?

Some small models like 40C are not support.

Just have a quick look at release notes, there is a loooooot of know issues...

2 FGT 100D  + FTK200

3 FGT 60E  FAZ VM  some FAP 210B/221C/223C/321C/421E

2 FGT 100D + FTK200 3 FGT 60E FAZ VM some FAP 210B/221C/223C/321C/421E
2 Solutions
Bipbaep
New Contributor

Any possibility to get old GUI back? New one is seriously ugly and hurt my eyes...

View solution in original post

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

IMHO In a production business env you should not upgrade to any new release unless it's a do or die must have feature that you need.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

View solution in original post

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
69 REPLIES 69
jaysonc
New Contributor

Are Fortinet serious with this new interface? Talk about 10 steps backwards.... They really don't learn. 

Holy

Red looks good, but green is a no go :)

jaysonc wrote:

Are Fortinet serious with this new interface? Talk about 10 steps backwards.... They really don't learn. 

NSE 8 

NSE 1 - 7

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
mac
New Contributor

change language will be re login

FG60D v5.4.0,build1011 (GA)

Mikael_A
New Contributor II

There is an immediate need for more colors on some of the icons. They seem unfinished as well since they don´t align perfectly. The new GUI makes the policy section very hard to read. Also, purple when I select the blue GUI? Green bars @ dashboard? Come on.

Jordan_Thompson_FTNT

Mikael.A wrote:

There is an immediate need for more colors on some of the icons.

The default icon colour for firewall objects is black. If you enable object colouring in the CLI, you will be able to change the colours of the objects:-

config system settings

set gui-object-colors enable

end

Mikael.A wrote:

Also, purple when I select the blue GUI? Green bars @ dashboard? Come on.

We are reviewing these colours and you should see improvements in 5.4.1.

Mikael_A

Jordan_Thompson_FTNT wrote:

Mikael.A wrote:

There is an immediate need for more colors on some of the icons.

The default icon colour for firewall objects is black. If you enable object colouring in the CLI, you will be able to change the colours of the objects:-

config system settings

set gui-object-colors enable

end

Mikael.A wrote:

Also, purple when I select the blue GUI? Green bars @ dashboard? Come on.

We are reviewing these colours and you should see improvements in 5.4.1.

Hello and thank you for the replay!

Yes, that allows you to pick a color. Not to be a moodkiller but that was not what I ment. I would like colors in the icon with something like how it was in 5.2 with the interface icon, object icons etc. Same some alot of the icons used in 5.4. I do not mind the flat UI. Just that they would need color on some portions. Right now it looks like Windows 1.0

seadave
Contributor III

Despite all of the "issues" we've had; and I've complained loudly to my rep, I must say the 5.4 Handbook is insanely thorough (The 5.4 Cookbook is also quite nice).  All 3000+ pages of it!

http://docs.fortinet.com/uploaded/files/2827/fortios-handbook-54.pdf

It not only describes the features, but for ONCE!, a technical document actually explains WHY!!!, you should or shouldn't use a feature.  The firmware upgrade section is particularly interesting in that it goes into great depth regarding good practices, why you should or should not upgrade.

Whoever is in charge of this document is to be commended.  The size makes it intimidating but the breadth of topic coverage is outstanding.  Now if only we could get this person in charge of firmware QC.

tuumke
New Contributor

Updated our FortiManager to 5.4. Somehow, i cant select Device Groups i made in policies?... hhmm

sym
New Contributor

Upgraded 2 60D's to 5.4.0 and got several problems.

1. IPSEC VPN to Cisco leads to VPN connection, but traffic goes through only for a few seconds, than stops (broken pipe). Nothing in the logs. Downgraded the affected device to 5.2.6, everything works again as it should.

2. 2nd device stalls from time to time, no traffic goes through. The cpu load goes up on the device which still holds 5.4.0 and no traffic is forwarded on the device. Nothing in the logs as well. Will downgrade this device as well.

SecurityPlus

We have a FortiWiFi 60D that we upgraded to 5.4 soon after it was released. On two occasions that CPU has gone to 99% and stayed there. A reboot fixed both instances. We need to refresh the GUI from the Refresh button once in a while to get the columns on the page to align properly. Otherwise it is running OK. I think that we will wait to upgrade other FortiNet firewalls until a newer version or two of 5.4 is released.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors