Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jimmy_Intertouch
New Contributor II

40F ipsec VPN internet access through VPN tunnel, issue.

Hi:

I have a Fortigate 40F setup in office  with its WAN conencted to the interent on a public IP  , LAN connect to office LAN network 10.61.x.x network

I and followed this guide,

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-establish-VPN-connection-between-Wi...

I created a VPN: dialup - Windows (Native L2TP/IPsec) using VPN wizard, which the connection is working on my laptop from home.

I am able to ping LAN devices in office, however, there is no internet .

I would like access internet thru office LAN network via the ipsec tunnel, is that possible ?

Thanks
2 Solutions
seshuganesh

Hi Team,

In that case you need to point your default route towards interface which is connected to juniper firewall.

So the traffic will be forwarded towards juniper firewall and that firewall can provide access.
Does juniper firewall connected to LAN interface of FG firewall?

View solution in original post

sw2090
Honored Contributor

on vpn client the vpn sets your defaul route if you have no split tunneling on the vpn.

on Fgt it is the first one on your screnshot.

if you set that to the Juniper fw as gateway ip all internet trafic cominig fro your FGT will go to the Juniper. That'd probably be the easiest way but I am not sure if you really want that.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

View solution in original post

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
10 REPLIES 10
Jimmy_Intertouch
New Contributor II

hi All, thanks all for making this work

It's all working now after adding the static route for the LAN interface with higher priority than WAN route.

It feels wonderful !  :D

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors