Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sulliman
New Contributor

40F UTM license from Amazon? Registration code?

Hello guys,

I received a 40F for my home from Amazon today.  So far all good....

It's meant to come with a 1yr UTM license as below:

Size: 1 yr 24x7 FortiCare + Unified Threat Protection

From what I can tell on Fortinet docs the registration code should be sent by the seller via email... nothing in my inbox from amazon except the order confirmed and tracking details.... any ideas where to find the registration code to activate UTM features?  Nothing on the box that I can see either.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
sulliman
New Contributor

Update - amazon's referred me to Fortinet support, Fortinet support doesn't support licenses purchased through amazon and have referred me back.. understandable.

Amazon has offered a full refund, but there' nowhere else to purchase the 40f here in NZ as a consumer... so I kind of want to keep it. 

Yep, my own doing for buying online, but I don't suppose there's any license options anyone knows of for home/ study / not for resale etc?

sw2090
Honored Contributor

hm might also be a bundle. That's what we buy here: FGT + UTM + FortiCare in Bundle. Then you don't get a registration code. You just register the new unit with Fortinet in their Portal and it is fine as the licenses are tied to the serial of the unit.

If you still want to buy a FGT with licenses find yourself a Fortinet Reseller might be the best way.

Or buy an already licensed used one somewhere - in this case make sure you gain access to the Fortinet Portal for firmware updates or License extending.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors