Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kritiment
New Contributor

200E out of support

I have hardware FortiGate 200E but it is not under the support and probably it has passed E.O.L. I bought it from the second-hand marketplace for learning purposes, it is having the error "Open boot device failed" on console, so somebody has removed the boot device. In order to solve it, I need OS, but unfortunately, I can't download even OS and according to my research, I need to buy a minimum 765 euros premium support contract, my question, is there anywhere I can download the OS/firmware free ? or it is compulsory in order to download the OS? or is there any other way i can fix the issue without buying such an expansive license?

omegle xender
1 REPLY 1
sw2090
Honored Contributor

correct. To get access to the support portal (including downloads) you have to have at least one valid FortiCare License registered on your account.

You could thus look if there happens to be a FortiNet Partner or authorized Dealer in you region and ask them if they can provide the firmware. Or ask the previous owner if he can do?

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors