Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
stouchani
New Contributor

2 ISP - Voice IP & Data - Computer connected to phone IP - Both through 2 ISP differents

Hi,

There the network diagram I would like to do, My phones IP need to pass through the SDSL ISP, and my computers are connected to LAN PHONE IP, but the computers have to pass through the FIBER ISP. I would like to put a Fortigate 30E, is it enough or I need a better modele, and I would like to know how I have to configure the fortigate fot this kind of network configuration.

Thanks for your help !

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Although it doesn't matter what source IP voice & data packets have since you seem to already know the voip server IP(s), why would you need to put your computers behind the phone sharing the same 1G or 100M cable while you have a good looking switch with enough ports? You just need to pull another cable(s) to the computers. It makes the switch and FG30E difficult to handle QoS on the LAN side efficiently.

For the question, you just need to have a static route for the voip server IP(s) toward WAN1, while the default static route is going toward WAN2. If you want to let them failover each other in case the circuit problem, you need to set a set of lower priority static routes to the opposite side then set link-monitor and let those high priority static routes to go away. 

stouchani

I need to put the computer on the phone because I don't have any LAN ETHERNET available to put the computer alone.

Even though I keep the computer on the phone, it's possible to do it?

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Regular routing works based on destination addresses. If destinations are different you don't have to use policy routing based on sources and other parameters.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors