Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
aagrafi
Contributor II

100BaseFX operation in FortiGate SFP slots

Hello,

We need to interconnect an FG-300E via multimode fiber at 100Mbps (the remote end supports 100BaseFX only). Is it possible to do that with standard GE SFP-SX transceiver (FG-TRAN-SX)? Is the FS-TRAN-FX (100Mb multimode SFP transceiver) supported by the FG or is it for FSW only? What can I do to solve this problem?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Dai
New Contributor II

This is a very sensitive issue. It can also be used with FG. ———————— https://www.fortinet.com/...tinet_Transceivers.pdf >Tested for Compatibility You can rest assured that your Fortinet transceivers have been tested for compatibility on Fortinet products, taking the guesswork out of selecting transceivers for your environment. ———————— a back-up plan:optical-media-converter remote-----|optical-media-converter|-----FW
aagrafi
Contributor II

Thanks Dai, but you have misunderstood. I'm not asking for 3rd party transceivers. The FS-TRAN-FX is a Fortinet part number and it is in the price list But I don't see it in the datasheet you provided.

The question is: Can I use the FS-TRAN-FX in the FortiGate? Or is it for the FSW only?

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

The data sheet for the 300E seems to imply that it does.

Edit: My bad- data sheet is listing the SX version.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
aagrafi

Hi Dave,

From the datasheet, it doesn't look to me that the FG-TRAN-SX either supports 100BaseFX or not.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors