Fortinet Training Institute
DaniKhat
New Contributor

NSE 4 Study Materials

The self paced training for NSE is the worst training session I have ever attended. I don't want a dictation of slides by a soothing voice. Can we have some real engineers teach using real gear and whiteboards. Access to on demand labs would be really nice. I do not like the 8 hour lab session to go through the lab booklet like a monkey. I can't learn by following instructions to the letter. I need to be able to break things, troubleshoot, figure stuff out.

6 REPLIES 6
ThadNewt
Staff
Staff

Hi Danish,

I'm sorry that you were not happy with the online version of the NSE 4 training. From your comments, it sounds like you would be more satisfied with a live classroom training. We do offer live classroom for most of the NSE trainings, so please consider that for next time.  And I agree with you on access to on demand labs. It's something that we have on our roadmap.

Regards,

Thad Newton

Director, Fortinet Direct Delivery Training

PC
New Contributor III

I have been very impressed with the training and used it up to the NSE 7 level. Any online training can be tough to maintain attention without distraction so I typically supplement the lectures with note taking, for my study material and have a firewall GUI and  CLI open so I can pause and look over the commands being covered. The labs and prep tests that go along are well though out and we use the NSE program for all our Engineers that work on FortiGate. There will always be differing opinions, but wanted to add that I see it as one of the best vendor programs and a great benefit to partners.-------------------------------------------
Original Message:
Sent: Feb 26, 2017 11:59 PM
Subject: NSE 4 Study Materials

Hi Danish,

I'm sorry that you were not happy with the online version of the NSE 4 training. From your comments, it sounds like you would be more satisfied with a live classroom training. We do offer live classroom for most of the NSE trainings, so please consider that for next time.  And I agree with you on access to on demand labs. It's something that we have on our roadmap.

Regards,

Thad Newton

Director, Fortinet Direct Delivery Training

YasiRosl
New Contributor

Stop crying Danish, geez. 

FernECUA
New Contributor II

I need information in Spanish for NSE4 and NSE 5
MuhaBila
New Contributor

hmmm, agree
GiusPirr
New Contributor

HI Danish,
in my opinion NSx salfe-placed is good if you realize your LAB.
I suggest you to deploy the GNS3 with the Fortinet appliance to improve and use the better method: Learning-by-Doing.
On youtube you find the complete guide to deploy the lab environment.
Good Luck