Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
vishal
New Contributor

web filter in PBR

Hi all, 

Is it possible to achieve website control in Policy based Routing using internet service . . Below im attaching image of PBR configuration pagepbr pic.jpg

My fortigate device version 7.0.2

Pls advise

1 Solution
sjoshi

Hi Vishal,

You wont be able to use webfilter profile in Policy route

Policy route is used for routing and all the required security profile should be implemented in firewall policy

If you want to allow specific URL from specific outgoing interface then you can create FQDN and select it as destination in PBR

Salon Raj Joshi

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jintrah_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Vishal,

The internet service database contains a list of services and may not be just http/https. Could you please elaborate what webfiltering actions you are trying to achieve using pbr?

Best regards,

Jin

seshuganesh

As per the screenshot in the destination you should not give 0.0.0.0/0 you should give only that specific ISDB, also here you are stopping the traffic from forwarding through policy routing. It means that specific traffic matches this rule will not forward through policy routing it will take any other route.

It wont block the traffic.

Please elaborate the issue more clearly to achieve your requirement.

vishal

Hi @Seshu 

Hi @jintrah_FTNT 

Basically i want to use web filter profile like the way we use in IPV4 Policy. is it achievble through PBR ? that stopping forwarding configuration in PIC you can ignore.

vishal

Hi @jintrah_FTNT 

Basically i want to use web filter profile like the way we use in IPV4 Policy. is it achievble through PBR ?

sjoshi

Hi Vishal,

You wont be able to use webfilter profile in Policy route

Policy route is used for routing and all the required security profile should be implemented in firewall policy

If you want to allow specific URL from specific outgoing interface then you can create FQDN and select it as destination in PBR

Salon Raj Joshi
vishal
New Contributor

Thank you @sjoshi 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors