Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
VoPPit
New Contributor

src-vis application crashed

My 500D has crashed twice within the past 2 weeks.

devname=RP-FortiGate-500D vd=root date=2016-07-06 time=13:34:20 logid=0100032546 type=event subtype=system level=warning vd=root logdesc="Application crashed" action=crash msg="Pid: 07553, application: src-vis, Firmware: FortiGate-500D v5.4.1,build1064b1064,160608 (GA) (Release), Signal 11 received, Backtrace: [0x01b07dca] [0x7f2182e87d00]"

Any ideas on where I should start looking for the root cause?  

Thank you

3 Solutions
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

According to this thread: https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=131286 it's used in FDS update process. I would open a TT right away since it's very likely a bug in 5.4.1.

View solution in original post

pcraponi

The root cause are 5.4.1 :)

A very new branch (5.4) release. If you need more stability, downgrade to 5.2.8

regards

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

By the way, when you open a TT with TAC, they would ask you to get some info out of your box with like "diag sys top", "get sys performance status", "diag debug crashlog read", "execute tac report", etc. I've learned only a part of them how to read the output. Not much documentation for those.

5 REPLIES 5
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

According to this thread: https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=131286 it's used in FDS update process. I would open a TT right away since it's very likely a bug in 5.4.1.

pcraponi

The root cause are 5.4.1 :)

A very new branch (5.4) release. If you need more stability, downgrade to 5.2.8

regards

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

By the way, when you open a TT with TAC, they would ask you to get some info out of your box with like "diag sys top", "get sys performance status", "diag debug crashlog read", "execute tac report", etc. I've learned only a part of them how to read the output. Not much documentation for those.

VoPPit

Thank you Toshi, I am very new to the FortiNet community but I have submitted a few tickets and have gotten familiar with the CLI and logs they ask for.  I just wish there was a way to automate the process of gathering it all together.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

"execute tac report" is for that and it includes most of info they need. But dynamic info like the one you can get a snapshot with "diag sys top" needs to be captured multiple times or at exact timing when something is happening. Welcome to our community, by the way.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors